If you have extra weight with potbelly or unshaped body structure with extra fat you are suffering from obesity.
Heaviness, Low energy, Stress, tension, fatigue, anxiety and unwillingness to face social gatherings are slow poison, which destroy your potentials. Observe yourself this might be causing obesity or might be happening to you because of obesity.
Obesity is the one of the major cause of fatal diseases viz. Hypertension, Asthma, Heart Diseases, Joint pain etc. Actually it is an alarm to all. This will reduce your working efficiency, which might be the curse when human being is competing to break the limits.
Latest Obesity Statistics
USA Obesity Rates Reach Epidemic Proportions
- 58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
- Eight out of 10 over 25’s Overweight
- 78% of American’s not meeting basic activity level recommendations
- 25% completely Sedentary
- 76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults 30-40 yrs old since 1990
Obesity Related Diseases
- 80% of type II diabetes related to obesity
- 70% of Cardiovascular disease related to obesity
- 42% breast and colon cancer diagnosed among obese individuals
- 30% of gall bladder surgery related to obesity
- 26% of obese people having high blood pressure
Childhood Obesity Running Out of Control
- 4% overweight 1982 | 16% overweight 1994
- 25% of all white children overweight 2001
- 33% African American and Hispanic children overweight 2001
- Hospital costs associated with childhood obesity rising from $35 Million (1979) to $127 Million (1999)
Surge in Childhood Diabetes
- Between 8% – 45% of newly diagnosed cases of childhood diabetes are type II, associated with obesity.
- Whereas 4% of Childhood diabetes was type II in 1990, that number has risen to approximately 20%
- Depending on the age group (Type II most frequent 10-19 group) and the racial/ethnic mix of group stated
- Of Children diagnosed with Type II diabetes, 85% are obese
Childhood Metabolic and Heart Risks
- New study suggests one in four overweight children is already showing early signs of type II diabetes (impaired glucose intolerance)
- 60% already have one risk factor for heart disease
SOURCE: Wellness International Network Ltd
Power Yoga for You
It is not the time to worry about but the time to do something that would give you permanent solution. You may find many other ways in the market for loosing weight but be cautious they are not free of risk. Yoga as holistic healing approach is efficient tool to achieve your ideal weight with best of shape.
Power Yoga program will not only make you feel better in your body and achieve your ideal weight but also improve your eating habits and alleviate digestive disorders, chronic conditions, allergies, asthma. You will be confident in choosing better food for you as well as experience a lasting increase in your energy and vitality.
Weight Loss Diet Advice
No matter how much excess weight or fat you have, if you want to lose weight permanently, your diet program should be directed toward a slow, steady weight loss. According to official government dietary guidelines, unless your doctor feels your particular health condition would benefit from more rapid weight loss, you should expect to lose no more than 2 pounds/ 1kg of fat a week, although initial loss (mainly water) may be greater. Losing more weight is no guarantee that weight loss is likely to be permanent.